Survey the intelligent parking system
Based on the growth of population and cars and the expansion of the dimensions of buildings and urban restrictions, the need to use parking space in urban spaces is felt more than ever. Therefore, the integration of technology with systems that can be used in the parking lot leads to the facilitation of management affairs and the provision of services, which will be discussed in more detail below.
Common problems in parking control systems:
In parking lots that are traditionally designed and implemented systems, there are problems that are mentioned below:
- In general, payment and receipt systems, when using parking management software, usually have problems that allow changes by users and abuse, and ultimately lead to the possibility of financial corruption.
- Managers of parking lots do not have accurate information on the number of empty parking spaces, and usually simply check by the observers present in the spaces.
- The car that enters the parking lot, due to the lack of information about the empty spaces in the entire parking lot, only suffices for the empty spaces around the parking lot entrance and this causes traffic jams.
- Since people in the parking lot have to check the empty spaces full time and also drive new cars to the empty spaces, the presence of these people will increase the current parking costs and reduce profitability.
- The parking manager does not have an estimate of empty spaces at different hours and this makes it impossible to have accurate planning in optimal management.
- Existence of financial corruption and unauthorized entry of vehicles leads to lack of accurate information about the financial performance of the parking lot and errors in statistics, which is also effective in optimal management.
Benefits of parking intelligence:
Among the advantages of intelligent parking system in general, the following can be mentioned
- Instant counting of parked cars in the project
- Parking management and control to prevent unnecessary traffic and confusion of clients, staff and managers
- Control the entry and exit of vehicles
- Ability to report accurately for more efficient management of leadership operations
- Ability to connect to an integrated management system via TCP / IP protocol and the ability to send and receive pre-scheduled commands and implement specific scenarios
- Reduce parking temperature and pollution
- Decreased air conditioning and evacuation system
PMS (Parking Payment Management System)
The first part of the intelligent parking system consists of parking fee payment management systems, which are called PMS for short. Based on equipment and facilities, this system can be considered semi-mechanized and fully mechanized, which will be discussed in the following.
Semi-mechanized payment system
In a semi-mechanized system, some matters require manpower, which can be further explained by examining the different parts of this system.
Introduction of different parts of the system
Parking management system includes hardware and software that can be checked in the following cases:
1- Entrance gate
2- Output and processing gate in the software and cost announcement
3- Software capabilities
The car entry scenario is defined as:
- A) Receiving the card:
As soon as the car is placed at the entrance of the card, it is presented to the driver manually by the operator or by the mechanized system by the card delivery device. The dispenser card is a device in which parking cards are placed that have different capacities and different materials. .
- B) Car license plate photography:
Simultaneously with the approval of the system by the operator or the delivery of the card by the cameras located at the entrance of the vehicle image, the recording and also the license plate are extracted and in accordance with the defined card, this information is entered in the database along with time and date information.
- C) Raising the barrier:
After registering the vehicle details and the entry card, the operator issues an entry permit and the roadblock is opened
It is possible to open the barrier manually and software that can be determined based on the management policies of managers
- A) Identification of cars:
By placing the car at the exit point and presenting its card to the operator, the system will check the car image by receiving the card information and compare the output license plate with the input and announce the cost based on the recorded time.
- B) Show the cost of parking
Parking fees can be displayed in two ways
1- Display on LCD with the ability to display costs and car images at the same time
2- Display on the special page of announcing the cost in the form of seven segments
- C) Registration of information:
After the final confirmation, the information is recorded in the software.
- D) Invoice printing:
One of the optional features of the printing system is the cost of parking, which can be predicted by considering a number of printers.
- E) Opening the barrier:
After the operator confirms payment and registration information, the exit barrier opens
The software capabilities of the system are as follows:
- Manage parking and entry and exit of vehicles using a variety of smart cards
- Parking management and entry and exit of vehicles using license plate recognition system with 98% detection
- Manage the entry and exit of vehicles and video protection using special cameras
- Define users using parking management software with different access levels
- Reduce the stopping time of cars when entering and exiting using the parking management software
- Define different types of stop fee tariffs for different parking lots
- Automatic calculation of parking costs according to tariffs
- Ability to connect to a variety of barriers or entry and exit gates
- Record the entry and exit of each vehicle
- Define car types
- View photos and registered vehicles
- Definition of gate types (input-output-input-output)
- Ability to define various tariffs, including hourly, daily and nightly and apply to different types of car groups (passenger, bus, etc.)
- Possibility to define the parking capacity and determine the location of Khorro park on the receipt
- Possibility to install and display the empty parking capacity sign in the area outside the parking lot wirelessly
- Possibility of regular customers and issuing credit cards and applying discounts
- Ability to display full or empty parking lots online and offline using sensors
- Ultrasonic with three lights to show empty or full or special for the disabled
- Send a specific message on the monitor when a particular card or vehicle is moving
- Traffic number of a car
- View vehicles entering and leaving
- Report parking receipts
- Statistical reports
- Report the arrival and departure of vehicles
- Log entry and exit by each card
- Report on personnel activities
- Backup of parking management software
- Ability to print receipts (invoices)
Fully mechanized payment system
In a fully mechanized payment system, the goal is to use equipment that replaces manpower. Ultimately, in addition to reducing manpower, it leads to reduced costs as well as human error and financial abuse. This system is designed in such a way that manpower is not used at the entrance and exit, which according to the existing conditions in Iran, it is not possible to implement it completely, and only the entrance of the parking lot can be predicted in a fully mechanized manner. In addition to complete mechanization, the output can be minimized by considering the manpower.
This system is for controlling car traffic and calculating costs, as well as managing the entrance and exit of the parking lot. The system is designed to create a minimum of traffic at the entrance and exit routes and practically bring this traffic closer to zero. This system uses special technology and eliminates manpower, in addition to speeding up traffic in the parking lot, eliminates the cost of manpower in parts of the parking lot.
Mechanized system structure
This system includes the following parts:
Database server: which performs the task of processing, storing and calculating credentials.
Central Management: which is responsible for card processing, card registration, new card registration or cancellation of the issued card.
Input and output equipment: Monitoring of vehicles entering or leaving and checking costs
3-2-2- Card validation system and automatic entry and exit control of the car.
The tasks of the intelligent parking system software are to adjust each of the components of the intelligent system, including the collection of data, and their processing, which was mentioned in the previous sections on the semi-mechanized system.
Car control when entering or leaving:
This system uses special mechanized equipment that determines the access level of the car and manages its entry and exit.
To allow or prevent the car from entering or leaving.
To take a photo of the location of the car and the driver and the document given to the driver.
- High technology without the need for a user
Use of 32-bit ARM9 microprocessor with low size, low consumption, and high processing
- Has a dual-core design that speeds up processing.
- Play voice messages in English or Romanian such as welcome message, tips, and…
- Has LED display
- Has an audio system to announce the remaining charge
- Menu design for hardware troubleshooting; This menu is displayed on the screen
- Adjust how to open or close the barrier.
- Set up pass access for resident users
- Ability to cancel cards automatically based on a set time.
- The operation of the input card readers stops when the parking capacity is full and cars are prevented from entering.
- Ability to control the system manually when necessary.
- Ability to compare photos taken at the time of entry and exit of the car by the user simultaneously
- Ability to monitor 2 or 4 zones simultaneously.
- In case of loss of barcode cards, a photo of a valid document will be taken. This item will also be used for archiving and future use.
- Ability to monitor online including card reader monitors / barcode card readers / detectors / and output software and barrier status monitors.
Detection system features:
According to the employer’s request and the desired capabilities, three different card models can be used in this system:
1- Non-contact IC / CD card: which is often used for people who use the system continuously.
2- Barcode cards: These cards can be used for people who temporarily use the parking lot
3- RFID cards: This type of card has transmitters and receivers at the entrance and exit of the parking lot, which allows the driver to be identified and his entry permit issued before reaching the traffic jam. Using this system reduces the stopping time of cars at the entrance and exit.
Check-in and check-out security:
At the exit and entrance of the parking lot, a barrier is used to control the entrance and exit. In this system, the ground motion of the vehicle is detected using ground sensors and it does not allow the barrier to close until the vehicle has completely passed through the entrance and exit.
Using CCTV cameras, high-speed imaging is performed at the time of entry and exit; The type of car is recorded and a photo is taken from the location of the car to increase security in the parking system and information is stored.
Charging calculation and recording it in the computer is designed to be free from any errors and external access. All data is encrypted and access levels are set.
The structure of the system is such that it is possible to easily develop the system as well as to work with it easily. The central system is connected to other parts of the system using a LAN and the possibility of sending and receiving information is done at high speed. Payment and charging stations can be located in different parts of the building to increase traffic speed in the parking lot and prevent congestion of cars at the exit for payment.
Using the software, IC card settings can be recorded, including registration, addition, announcement and reporting of card loss, as well as card recharge settings according to the customer’s request. The software has the ability to open and close the barrier and the condition of the barrier can be monitored by software as well as through the camera. Simultaneous monitoring; The status of each controller is done by the TCP / IP port. Encryption of each card and determining the access level for it in addition to determining the system access level is also one of the capabilities of the software.
VTS (parking guidance and control system)
As mentioned in the previous section, using the PGS system based on image processing, license plates of cars parked in the parking lot can be identified with its parking location and stored in the system whenever necessary by inquiring about the license plate by the driver. The location of the car in the system can be displayed through the information kiosks.
Vehicle Tracking System Capabilities
Based on the explanations provided, the capabilities of this system are as follows
- The car owner can quickly find the parking space of his car by entering the license number.
- The car owner does not need to use a specific card to find the parking space.
- Ability to receive images of parked and empty spaces in different parking zones
- Ability to display the number of empty spaces at the parking lot entrance
- Ability to steer incoming vehicles in the shortest time and the most optimal route
The monitors used are the best type of monitors compared to similar models.
- Ability to save video related to each vehicle as a security video surveillance system that can be used to enhance vehicle safety.
In the figure below, you can see the Vehicle Tracking System.
PGS (parking guide system)
Pars Smart Company offers suitable solutions to solve this problem by setting up control and guidance systems in the parking lot. In this propeller, we will first examine the need to set up a parking control and guidance system, and we will express the need to set up this system, and then we will introduce the intelligent parking control system.
The solutions presented will be divided into two different groups. Note that the basis of the control systems expressed in each group are the same, intelligent control and guidance, and their differences are in the way of starting and equipment used and vehicle detection.
PGS system by Ultrasonic sensor
In this system, an ultrasonic sensor is installed on the roof in each parking space and the sensor information is stored in a device called Node Controller, and these controllers change the input data according to certain rules and send new data to the central controller. Slowly and the central controller processes the data and sends the appropriate commands to the monitors. These monitors direct the input machines to the empty spaces. In this system, all data will be stored on a computer as a server and appropriate control software will be installed in the control room that extracts and displays information from the server.
In the figure below, you can see the Parking Guidance System.
Intelligent parking control and navigation system capabilities
- The controllers of each zone can be connected to the central controller in 3 ways
o Via RS485
o Via LAN
o Via wireless
- Display controller in the shortest possible time, thus directing incoming vehicles to the empty space in the minimum time
- Ability to consider reserved spaces
- Display the number of empty and full spaces in each zone of the parking lot
- Ability to display the number of cars entering and leaving at any time
- Ability to display statistics on a daily and monthly basis as well as requested time intervals
- Ability to calculate the parking time of each car and display it in the control room
- Ability to operate the system according to customer requirements and customization.
The monitors used are the best type of monitors in terms of dimensions and brightness in similar samples.
Equipment used in the PGS system
Below you can see the equipment used to set up the parking control and guidance system.
Ultrasonic sensors: To detect if a space in the parking lot is full or empty
Empty space displays: These displays indicate whether or not a space is full or empty, and are directly related to the ultrasonic sensor.
Tessis offers a sensor that is installed in any space and, like the ultrasonic sensor, detects whether the space is full or empty, and also has an LED to display the status of that space and is known as Forward Mounting sensor.
The use of this type of sensor in comparison with the products of other brands, with the installation of equipment including piping, reduces cabling, which can reduce start-up costs.
Node Controllers: To collect data of each ultrasonic sensor and process them Central controller: To collect data of each Node controller and process them and issue commands to each monitor and also store information on the server
Displays: To display empty spaces in different parking zones
Control and monitoring software: This software is installed in the control room and communicates with the server and reads and displays its data.
Manual control automatic payment system
Automatic payment system:
Organizing the parking fee payment network using a variety of cash and electronic payment methods.
– Organizing the parking payment network using electronic money
– Ability to burn missing or damaged cards and issue a new card
– Ability to prevent the car from leaving and lock the customer card if necessary
– Ability to define and register a new card
– Ability to register credit customers and allow non-stop entry
Software reporting system:
Provide various and selective reports on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis, such as the number of empty, filled and reserved spaces in each category to the software user.
– Ability to provide the number of empty, full or reserved park spaces in each area or floor
– Ability to provide management statistics of floor capacity, reserved spaces and total parking capacity
– Display circular, bar or relative histograms of each floor or area relative to the entire parking lot
– Ability to save and display statistical information at any time to the user
– Ability to view reports
– View and print the total parking revenue and in part
– View and print user functions
– View and print burnt, locked and cards
– View and print cars inside the parking lot
– View and print the daily parking capacity
– View and print customer information